Saturday, January 10, 2009

Please Don't - Page layout

I love this picture of Xavier, it's one from when we were in North Carolina. Here's what was done:

Printed 5x7 on printable canvas

Printed 4x6 picture on glossy paper AND printed it on transparency, used 3D foam to layer the transparency over the glossy pic and trimmed, when you look at it, it really has that 3D effect.

I cut out the flowers from the top half of the scrapbook paper and used 3D foam to layer it over the existing bottom half of the paper as a border.

The "Please and Don't" were typed using MS Word, printed on transparency and adhered to the scrap used for the border and cut out.

I suffered from "scrappers block" when it came time to fill in that huge blue piece so I added layers of flowers and I think it made a difference, it fits right in as if it were planned from the beginning.

The "Please Don't Poem" was one I found on-line while searching for inspiration. It just made so much sense to me. I can't wait until Xavier is old enough to read it and understand. This was a fun layout to do. Hopefully it started my scrapbooking ignition that has been unable to start for a while. Enjoy

2 comments:

TanishaRenee said...

Great design!!!

*Tanyetta* said...

Love this page! I am going to print out the poem so I can read it from time to time :)